Tuesday 7 June 2011

Quiero ser capaz de,

My teacher brought up something today in class that made me think. So it goes like this, he was telling us some dramatic story about how last night a really good friend of his had been going through some 'bumps' in the 'relationship' department over facebook; during this time he had come across a status update with a link attached of a young boy playing 'Black Bird' on the guitar. Apparently after telling us the drama filled story, he had randomly decided to bring up this young artist's youtube video. The friend who had posted the link had commented on it and said "...Imagine how much more talented he will be when he reaches teen years". My teacher then asked us each this one question, "What is something you wish you could be an expert at?". What he meant by this is: what is something you wish you could learn or be able to do and master, that might either effect people in some way (ex. Musicians, Psychologists etc.) or even just to be able to say you can. I sat there trying to think, cause i usually don't take the time to actually sit and think of an answer when he goes around each day asking the 'Question of the day'; but i actually sat there and tried to come up with something. It finally came to me, my answer to his question was "I want to be able to show people the real world, the world that not many people know about.". My teacher later then said, 'If any of you do end up doing something that you think you have become an 'expert' at or even have somehow effected other people, then please do send me an e-mail.' - and i swear I'm going to end up making a list of these but, i have taken this as a challenge. I'm one of thous people who place a goal, but end up giving up someway through and its something that i can seriously say bugs the shit out of me. So here's a promise and a goal I am setting, and keeping -- 
"I want to be able to travel and learn, while showing people the world that not many people care or know about"

No comments:

Post a Comment