Monday 6 June 2011

Un sueno y una promesa.

I just recently decided that I'm going to start taking Spanish next year, even though its only going to be one semester (seeing as its my last year of high school.). I've already been on this great website which is like an online "course" if you will, that teaches you to Speak, pronounce, read and write Latin American [E-language]. [Luckily for me I'm Portuguese, and Spanish n' Portuguese are quite similar if you tweak up the accent and words a little.]. After grad I hope to go to college and take Spanish, Tourism and any Cultural courses then make my way down to Cancun and maybe work as a Tour Guide (Mayan Ruins etc.) or even work as one of thous airline representatives that work at the resorts and help you from getting settled, to booking tours, to changing your flight times. This big idea of me going down there after College was first brought up by my Aunt when we stayed at the Bahia Principe Tulum Resort in Cancun; we were talking about travelling and how i didn't really have an Idea as to what i want to do when i get out of school. Seeing as i just so happen to love travelling, culture and Mexico; she told me about how I should start taking tourism and Spanish for my last year in high school and in College, then maybe go down to Mexico for a bit. Of course my mom being my mom wasn't quite 100%  with the whole idea [seeing as she only cares about the fact that I get a high paying job] but you know what, i rather enjoy and have fun with my job then give two shits about the money. Money is money, it comes and it goes. I think she is also afraid of me failing, but you wont ever know until you try no matter how scary it seems. If you fail, hey that's life and that just so happens to be how you learn; if you fail then you have two choices; Give up, or try again. To tell you the truth i tend to give up quite a lot, and it isn't working out for me too well, so you know what? I'm going to make a promise. I promise that if I fail, I will not give up and try again. Lets see how long i can go with keeping this promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment